What is a Course Rep
Course Reps are student volunteers, elected by their cohort for one academic year to represent the views of their fellow students to their departmental staff at Student-Staff Liaison Committees (SSLC). Course Reps act as the first point of contact for their fellow students to raise any constructive or positive feedback regarding their course.
Being a Course Rep can be very rewarding as you are directly engaging with your peers, staff and the Students’ Union. You will gain valuable skills that will make you stand out from the crowd.
Key Responsibilities/Role Description:
- Gathering the views and opinions of everyone on your course in order to fully represent your cohort at meetings.
- Ensuring the link between students and staff, ensuring that the standard of teaching and quality of learning on your course is the best it can possibly be.
- Communicating the feedback from formal meetings to students and Bolton SU.
- Work with other Course Reps to empower others and ultimately the student voice as a whole.
- Keeping up to date with departmental news and inform students of any changes.
- Keeping in touch with the Students’ Union.
- Commitment to attend two SSLC per academic year – one for each semester.
- Aim to make positive changes.